At DILO Company, Inc. and DILO Direct, we are committed to zero emissions of SF6. One molecule of SF6 can trap 23,900 times more heat than carbon dioxide over a 100-year period, making it the most potent of all the greenhouse gases. About 80% of manufactured SF6 is used in high voltage equipment like switchgears and circuit breakers. Ideally, SF6 should be confined within equipment, but unfortunately it can be leaked into the atmosphere during the equipment’s lifespan. Faulty equipment and improper installation, servicing, and de-commissioning can also be sources for SF6 emissions. Best management practices can reduce the occurrence of leaks. DILO and DILO Direct help prevent emissions of SF6 by spreading awareness. We are leading the charge in the industry for responsible handling of SF6 with state of the art DILO equipment, SF6 training and certifications, and premium services that are second to none. Watch our latest video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTykCcDDJ-I) to find out more.
- Has it been a while since you brushed up your SF6 handling skills? Well trained SF6 users have a drastic impact on reducing SF6 emissions in the industry. Contact sales@dilo to learn all about SF6 from the experts!
- The Environmental Protection Agency’s 2018 Overview of SF6 Emissions Sources and Reduction Options in Electric Power Systems was released in August of 2018. According to the latest report, the SF6 emissions of Partners have reduced by 74% since 1999.
- DILO’s May Newsletter focused on the SF6 Emission Reduction Partnership for Electric Power Systems. This partnership, which seeks and implements low cost solutions to reduce SF6 emissions, has been very successful! (Link to attached newsletter)
- DILO’s late CEO, Lukas Rothlisberger, wrote a white paper covering nameplate capacity and the difficulties faced by SF6 users in gathering accurate emissions data. https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2016-02/documents/nameplate_issues_final.pdf
- Did you know what SF6 can be reconditioned to a like new condition? DILO’s June newsletter is about DILO Certified SF6 gas, which eliminates emissions caused during the manufacturing of virgin SF6. Link to June newsletter
- Most people outside of the Electrical Utility Industry are unfamiliar with Sulfur Hexafluoride and its characteristics that make it the best dielectric medium available. The month of August kicked off our Reconditioned Gas Campaign. Our goal was to educate others about the special properties of SF6 which make this gas 100% recyclable. Choosing to reuse SF6 versus purchasing virgin gas is a small change that can have a big impact on our environment.
- August Newsletter- Focuses on the properties of SF6 gas (Link to attached newsletter)
- September Newsletter- Focuses on the environmental benefits of reconditioned SF6 gas (Link to attached newsletter)
- October Newsletter – Focuses on best management practices for safe and emission free SF6 handling (Link to attached newsletter)