High Pressure Tube Unions
Do you have to handle high pressures, extreme temperatures, aggressive media, or hot vapors with high process reliability? DILO’s high pressure tube unions remain hermetically sealed even under critical operating conditions. The secret lies in the high quality metal-to-metal sealing principle developed by DILO. The high pressure tube unions are sealed without any intermediate seal compound. The seal is obtained by direct contact of the tongue and groove sealing surface.
The DILO sealing principle
Tightness is achieved without any intermediate seal compound by direct contact of the tongue and groove seal faces. Two ring-shaped sealing areas with high stability are produced by the different radii of curvature of the tongue and groove.�The braking surface on the DILO tongue part prevents the seal area from being deformed.
Properties of DILO high pressure tube unions
- Long term tightness with a leak rate of about < 1 cm� in 30 years
- Suitable for pressures up to 1,000 bar and vacuum
- Temperature resistant from -270 �C up to +500 �C (dependent on the material used)
- Applicable for all fluids with the correct steel grade
- Long term high level of gas tightness even when tube unions are frequently loosened and re-connected
- Short separation distance required to open a coupling which allows simple assembly and disassembly
- Resistant to vibrations without any additional protection
- Complete interchangeability of pieces of the same type